Monday, May 27, 2013

Family Reunion

Last week Circuit Riders descended on the Texas/Mexico border from all directions. It was the first time I've made it to the mission house during a Circuit Rider event in a few years. We saw members that we are accustomed to seeing at the border, but this time we saw lots of new faces there as well. I enjoyed spending time there with all of you. I know it was a long ride and cost some of you for having to take time off of work, but I hope you all found it worth it. I love the mission house, that property truely is "Holy Ground", I hope while there you had the opportunity to get alone in the quiet there and listen for God to speak to you. We've had our camp outs in many locations throughout Texas and Louisianna, but it was special to have it at the heart of our ministry. Please pray for our mission team and that the Lord continues to provide for them and the property. I took in indirect route to the camp out, so I could visit mom and Pa and hook up with Robert and Linda McCurdy for the ride down. It took 2 days and almost 1200 miles to get there going down. I really wanted to ride home in 1 day though in an all out "Stampede" style run. The Stampede is an annual race from southern California to North Carolina. It's not so much about your speed as it is your determination. No bike can run wide open or at triple digit speeds for that long of an endurance race. You must stay in the saddle and make quick fuel stops, grabbing a bite to eat when you can. I shared my desire to do this with Mississippi Prez Quincy "Flyboy" Dalton and he wanted in. We agreed to ride together to Shreveport and then split off for our homes. We had pouring down rain the first half of the trip, slowing our time some what but we stayed in the saddle and pressed on. We hit more rain as we neared our split off point. After making it through Shreveport we both had dry road for the remainder of our rides. We both made it home in about 17 hours and both rode about 900 miles. I had a blast! Thank you Quincy for joining with me on this personal challenge. Everyone get ready for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment