Friday, March 2, 2012

My Patch

I know many of you are already thinking here he goes acting like the worldly clubs about the colors, but please here me out. I've had the opportunity to get to know a lot of pastors and how they feel about the church God has called them to. Sunday Pa spoke of being jealous about his pulpit and how he closely guards it from those unfit for it. Well, this is the church God gave me to serve in and when you wear our colors on your back, you represent us the same as those standing in his pulpit. If you wear the patch, you're not just a nameless person in the back pew, but a minister of God to the hurting world. I can't watch over the patch as closely as a pastor watches over his church because as the ministry grows we start to have patched members that I don't even know. It is here that I really need you chapter Presidents help. Please be careful of who you allow the patch. The time frame is only the minimum requirements, it is up to the chapter President rather to patch someone out or not after the minimum times are served as a seeker. Please don't take this lightly and please don't patch out members just for your chapter to look more impressive riding together.
If you are going to wear our patches, rather the 3 piece or one of our other back patches, please wear it correctly. While wearing your vest with both arms down at your sides, no other patches should be seen behind your arms. These patches are our mission statement, we are Riding For Jesus! I don't want to see anything that takes away from that! This isn't new, it has been the policy since before I joined 9 years ago. If your vest is a Harley vest or some other brand that has an emblem or name on the back, I suggest you get a new vest. Could you imagine your pastor selling space on your church sign for corporate advertising like pro stadiums? It is the same thing to me to have it on the back of a Circuit Rider vest. I know we have been lenient on this in the past, but we will not be any longer. We  must uphold our rules to be a successful organization. When we overlook one rule, someone will expect it on the rule that they don't like and that is a road we're not going down. The by-laws give you the freedom to tastefully decorate the front of your vest as you like.
Please also conduct yourself in your vest as you would inside the church building. I love my patch because of the ministry it represents and God used that ministry to change my life. I've promised God to always serve this ministry as He would have me to, if that means I step on some toes at times, excuse me. I love all of you and am thankful you all have chosen to serve in this ministry, but I'll not compromise this ministry for anyone, no not anyone.
Ride Safe, Ride Hard and Give God the Glory!
Riding For Jesus,
"Rev Red Beard" Moore
CRMM Vice President
www.circuitriderscfm.org
http://www.facebook.com/rev.redbeard
Ps 45:2-7
 
2 You are the most excellent of men
and your lips have been anointed with grace,
since God has blessed you forever.
3 Gird your sword upon your side, O mighty one;
clothe yourself with splendor and majesty.
4 In your majesty ride forth victoriously
in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness;
let your right hand display awesome deeds.
5 Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies;
let the nations fall beneath your feet.
6 Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness
NIV

1 comment:

  1. The comparison between the way our pastors protect thier pulpit and the manner in which we, as presidents, should protect patching out members is awesome. This is a good word and should be heeded by all of us.
    "Baytown" Wayne
    President
    Circuit Riders MOnt Belvieu

    ReplyDelete